Vacancies are advertised here whenever A Rocha UK or our Partners in Action offer opportunities for volunteers and interns
Placements with A Rocha UK
A Rocha UK is looking for new Board Members (voluntary role). We’re keen for the Board to reflect the communities we serve, and wish to improve the diversity of the Board. In particular we are seeking to recruit Trustees with an understanding of human resources, fundraising, communications, or charity law.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your a CV and covering letter explaining why ...
- Are you interested in developing your conservation skills with A Rocha UK, Britain’s leading Christian environmental charity? We have a number of internships (6 months to 1 year) and shorter volunteer opportunites available around the UK; at our own projects and also opportunities at key partner organisations. Do you want to find out more? Please send a short cover e-mail ...
Placements with A Rocha UK’s Partners in Action
Due to Covid-19, please contact our Partners directly to check whether the following work parties are taking place
CURRENT CONSERVATION WORK PARTIES
LEA BROOK VALLEY LITTER PICKS – every first Thursday of each calendar month at 9-30 in the lower car park of the civic centre off Farwater Lane.
LEA BROOK VALLEY VOLUNTEER WORK DAYS – Meeting quarterly on the third Saturday of the month (in March, June, September, November.)
STEYNING DOWNLAND SCHEME – Steyning’s Conservation Volunteers meet twice a month, typically first Wednesdays and third Saturdays.
GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES
Our Partners frequently have opportunities available for gap year opportunities post secondary school or post University.
Partners offering gap year opportunities: Abernethy Barcaple, Adventure Plus, Ashburnham Place, Hilfield Friary, Lee Abbey
SEEKING COMMUNITY MEMBERS
These Partners frequently have openings for long term community members (2-5 years) and short term members (1 year or less).
Ashburnham Place, Hilfield Friary, Lee Abbey, Scargill House
Conservation Related Internship Opportunities
- From October 2021, Southwell Minster will be working in a new partnership with A Rocha UK as part of the national network of Christians working for conservation. Two intern roles are available.
The Steyning Downland Scheme manages 165 acres (66 ha) of the Wiston Estate on the South Downs National Park. Our partner melds nature conservation, people engagement and the Christian faith to reconnect local people to our unique piece of downland, benefiting their mind, body and spirit. Our partner creates inspiring opportunities for new people to join the community through volunteering, engaging ...
- Monkton Combe School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, organised and motivated individual who is looking to gain experience in working in conservation land management and ecology and with an interest in working with students aged 12-18.
- Adventure Plus has acquired 80 acres of farmland in Oxfordshire to create our first ‘AdventureBase’. Our Conservation & Land Management Coordinator will help implement a brand new landscape for this Christian Outdoor Education & Adventure Youthwork centre.
- A+ has acquired 80 acres of farmland in Oxfordshire to create our first ‘AdventureBase’. This Internship combines the opportunity to develop this wonderful site – improving biodiversity and helping visitors grow in understanding and appreciation of the Natural world; with acquisition of a range of qualifications to grow your confidence and competence in the outdoors.
Looking for paid employment? Click here to view our current vacancies.
Read about our previous volunteers’ experiences of working with A Rocha UK:
I joined A Rocha UK’s internship programme in 2019, after hearing the ways that A Rocha UK cares for the environment practically. Based at the Southall office and at Wolf ...
When I finished working for my Church in August 2016, I did not intend to intern for an environmental charity. However, when I saw the opportunity for an Education Intern ...
“I joined A Rocha UK as the Conservation Intern in June 2015, I was looking to enhance my skills and get some work experience before going on to study for ...
“I have very much enjoyed my time interning for A Rocha and have learned so many skills in which I can apply to future employment. I have been able to apply ...
“I decided to volunteer for A Rocha because it provided a good opportunity to spend a significant amount of time to acquire a range of valuable experience, particularly in terms of ...
“During my year with A Rocha I gained valuable insight and experience in how a conservation organisation like A Rocha works. I now have a good oversight of what makes a ...