Vacancies are advertised here whenever A Rocha UK or our Partners in Action offer opportunities for volunteers and interns
Placements with A Rocha UK
- Are you interested in developing your conservation skills with A Rocha UK, Britain’s leading Christian environmental charity? We have a number of internships (6 months to 1 year) and shorter volunteer opportunites available around the UK; at our own projects and also opportunities at key partner organisations. Do you want to find out more? Please send a short cover e-mail ...
Placements with A Rocha UK’s Partners in Action
Due to Covid-19, please contact our Partners directly to check whether the following work parties are taking place
CURRENT CONSERVATION WORK PARTIES
LEA BROOK VALLEY LITTER PICKS – every first Thursday of each calendar month at 9-30 in the lower car park of the civic centre off Farwater Lane.
LEA BROOK VALLEY VOLUNTEER WORK DAYS – Meeting quarterly on the third Saturday of the month (in March, June, September, November.)
STEYNING DOWNLAND SCHEME – Steyning’s Conservation Volunteers meet twice a month, typically first Wednesdays and third Saturdays.
GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES
Our Partners frequently have opportunities available for gap year opportunities post secondary school or post University.
Partners offering gap year opportunities: Abernethy Barcaple, Adventure Plus, Ashburnham Place, Brunel Manor, Hilfield Friary, Lee Abbey
SEEKING COMMUNITY MEMBERS
These Partners frequently have openings for long term community members (2-5 years) and short term members (1 year or less).
Ashburnham Place, Hilfield Friary, Lee Abbey, Scargill House
Conservation Related Internship Opportunities
A new and exciting opportunity to train in the walled
Kitchen Garden at Ashburnham Place, Battle, East Sussex. This 150 year old
space has started to come back to life in the last 4 years , producing a wide
range of fruit, vegetables, eggs and meat using regenerative agriculture.
All vegetables are grown naturally using our own compost on
a double cropping basis with minimum ...
Monkton Combe School is looking to support a wildMonkton Coordinator internship for September 2020, in partnership with A Rocha UK. The role involves volunteering alongside staff, students and the grounds team to develop a land management plan and help develop Environmental Education in the school in line with the school’s ethos and new ‘wildMonkton’ initiative. For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adventure Plus (A+) recently acquired 50 acres behind Windmill Farm (WF) in Oxfordshire to build our first Adventure Base. This internship will provide training and experience in practical conservation and land management as design & coordinate the layout for this Outdoor Education & Adventure Youthwork centre, and implement a conservation site management plan.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Internship Profile – Cons.& Land Mgt
- Support the Conservation & Land Manager (C&LM) Intern with a range of conservation tasks.
Together they will work with a small team to help plan AdventureBase, introducing conservation measures to enhance and increase our wildlife found on site.
He/she will be working with team members and volunteers to deliver practical work on site, and monitor species. Some environmental education will be involved. ...
- The Lea Brook Valley Project is a community group coordinated by local Christians in Dronfield, Derbyshire, working for conservation and community engagement in the urban nature reserve in the heart of their town. Lea Brook Valley is seeking a dedicated volunteer for the important role of Communications Officer. The Communications Officer must be organised, efficient, and comfortable using email and ...
- Hilfield Friary is a Franciscan community working for Christian hospitality, peace and justice, and conservation. In addition to joining in with the life of the community, the conservation intern will work closely with the Land Manager on wildlife and conservation projects on the community’s 50 acres of mixed wildflower meadows, woodland, and pasture on the edge of the chalk downland. The ...
Looking for paid employment? Click here to view our current vacancies.
Read about our previous volunteers’ experiences of working with A Rocha UK:
I joined A Rocha UK’s internship programme in 2019, after hearing the ways that A Rocha UK cares for the environment practically. Based at the Southall office and at Wolf ...
When I finished working for my Church in August 2016, I did not intend to intern for an environmental charity. However, when I saw the opportunity for an Education Intern ...
“I joined A Rocha UK as the Conservation Intern in June 2015, I was looking to enhance my skills and get some work experience before going on to study for ...
“I have very much enjoyed my time interning for A Rocha and have learned so many skills in which I can apply to future employment. I have been able to apply ...
“I decided to volunteer for A Rocha because it provided a good opportunity to spend a significant amount of time to acquire a range of valuable experience, particularly in terms of ...
“During my year with A Rocha I gained valuable insight and experience in how a conservation organisation like A Rocha works. I now have a good oversight of what makes a ...